At Higher Edition, we welcome submissions of bylined articles and sponsored guest posts throughout the year. Below you will find a basic guideline on how to submit a bylined article.
If you’re interested in advertising with us or sponsoring a blog post or an article, visit our Advertising page for more details.
Any questions? Contact Daniel Casciato at firstname.lastname@example.org or Christopher Cussat at email@example.com.
Bylined Article Checklist
- A bylined article is one that expresses the knowledge and insights of the author(s). The purpose is to educate and/or update our readers on a certain issue or the latest trends as it applies to academia.
- Contributed articles should be 700 words or less, be educational and informative, and take a specific angle, rather than an advertisement of an organization.
- Articles should be written in the third-person, unless the submission is an opinion piece approved by the editor. Our editor reserves the right to refuse individual articles once they have been submitted and reviewed.
- Include a title for the article, the author’s byline, a short bio, and a headshot. Headshots should be at least 200 dpi in resolution, be in color, in .jpg format, and not be embedded in a Word document. Bios should be 50 words or less.
- Do not include footnotes or endnotes. Any appropriate references should be incorporated into the narrative of the article itself.
Have a special event coming up? Any conferences or meetings the readers should be aware of? Send us the name of the event; location; dates; and contact information.
Topics we cover on a regular basis include:
- Dorm Life
- Financial Aid
- Legal Issues
- Money Management
- Social Media